Packing your Living Room with JMC Cargo Movers
*Note: Remember that furniture and televisions will most likely be moved and packed by your moving company. Things like pool tables, television cabinets, and other large equipment will also be moved by your mover.
General packing tips for your living room:
- Pack books and manuals together in a small-medium sized carton. Make sure you have labeled the box clearly with any notations you may need.
- Make sure any speakers are well packed and cushioned.
- Expensive art should be well cushioned and will most likely be crated by your movers and packers
- Advice: Carry any items like photographs or family videos with you when you move.
- Expensive novelty items are also a good thing to carry with you when you move.
- Other electronics like printers and televisions will also most likely be move by your movers and packers Make sure you carry any wires or cords with you.
- Toys do not have to separately wrapped, just place them in a moving carton.
Packing Up Your Computer:
- Disconnect all wires and label them for reconnecting at your new home.
- Disconnect the monitor and wrap it separately
- If you want to make sure all of your files remain on your computer, Backup all files, to do this (on Windows XP):
- Press Start
- Point to All Programs
- Point to Accessories
- Point to System Tools
- Click Backup
- Click Advanced Mode
- Press the Backup Tab
- On the Job menu click New
- Select all of the drives you want to back up
- Press the System Select Box
- On the Backup Destination list select where you would like to back the data up.
- On the Backup Tab, press Start Backup. A dialog box will show up on the screen.
- Click Advanced and select the Verify Data after Backup Tab.
- Select the type of backup you want in the Backup box. A description will appear under each selection. We recommend using the Normal backup.
- Finally, press OK and the Start Backup. A dialog box will show you progress throughout your backup.
- Pack Printers and faxes separately
- Make sure that the computer is well protected and well cushioned.